Wednesday, August 13, 2008

coupon horror stories


I believe I've had my fair share of heart racing moments while going through the check out where I've had to take a deep breath to remain calm due to a really bad cashier, manager, or customer waiting to check out behind me. I often wonder if it's me who just doesn't have the patience for bad service or if other people out there have the same trouble I do? Seriously, I've had it all. I've had managers who had an item listed with the wrong price and won't adjust the sale because of their mistake. I've had cashiers who thought it was SO much trouble to ring up coupons and would literally huff and puff and throw dirty looks at me because I'm making them ring up coupons. I've had customers behind me huff and puff and say a few curse words about me when they see my stack of coupons to scan. I've even let 3-5 customers check out before me when doing multiple transactions and I still seem to get some kind of bad gesture toward me. Oh and God forbid me ever wanting to return something or try to do a price adjustment when things don't ring up right! lol

After the Wal-Mart transaction I did on Monday with a cashier who tried his hardest to make me believe that I was stupid and had no idea what I was talking about or what I was doing, I thought I'd ask all of you readers out there about some of your horror stories while going through checkout with coupons. Was it a problem with a cashier? Was it a problem with the customer behind you? Was it both? Did you ever have serious trouble with a manager? Did you ever just give up on a transaction and pay more because of this trouble? I want to know! I think we would all benefit knowing we're not alone out there and that sometimes the amount of money we've saved was worth fighting for.

For every difficult transaction, I've had more than triple the amount of great transactions. Those bad ones make me really nervous every time I check out though. lol The really good ones keep me doing what I do and remind me how worth it clipping coupons really is.

No comments: