Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Walmart Shopping

I made another trip to Wal-Mart for a few things and ended up making a pretty good transaction.
$42.45 (before tax and coupons)
- $18.58 (total of coupons)
SAVINGS OF: $23.87 (before tax)

Here's how I did it:
3 All-You magazine @ 1.77 each
Bread @ .78
3 Honey Nut Cheerios Snack Mix @ $1.00 each
2 Great Value Pizza Sauce @ .88 each
15 packages of Kool-Aid @ .20 each (planning a craft with these)
2 Betty Crocker Warm Delights @ 1.46 each
Tabasco Sauce @ .98
Dole Fruit Cup Parfait @ $1.78
Dora Kid's Yogurt @ $2.24
YoGo Variety @ $1.67
Nabisco Wheat Thins Family Size @ $3.48
Crystal Lite @ $2.98
WellPatch @ .97
Kraft American Singles @ $2.98
1lb Oscar Mayer Beef Hot Dogs with Cheese @ $2.50
Kraft Dressing @ 1.58
South Beach On the Go drink mix @ $2.00
Great Value Milk @ $2.52
________________________________________
$42.45 (pre tax)

COUPONS USED:
1 - .60 off Cheerios Snack Mix = .40
2 - .50 off Cheerios Snack Mix = .50 each
Buy 3 Kraft, Nabisco, Oscar Mayer get ____ FREE: (bought 15 kool aid = $3.00)
- Wheat Thins = FREE
- Kraft Singles = FREE
- Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs = FREE
- Kraft Dressing = FREE
- Crystal Lite = FREE
1 - $1.00 off WellPatch = FREE plus .03 overage
2 - .50 off Betty Crocker Warm Delight = .96 each
1 - $1.50 off Kid's Yogurt = .74
1 - $1.00 off YoGo Snacks Variety = .67
1 - $.75 off Fruit Parfait = $1.03
1 - $2.00 off South Beach on the go drink mix = FREE
1 - .50 off Tabasco = .48
(and there was an extra coupon in there but I have no idea for what @ $1.00 off)

Grand total: $18.58 before tax.


Despite the savings, it was kind of a nightmare. The kid behind the counter was a smartass and didn't understand coupons. He kept trying to act like I was stupid and that he knew what he was saying, but he really didn't. The buy 3 get ___ FREE coupons weren't ringing up correctly. He stood and argued with me for a good (and long) 10 minutes that Kool-Aid was NOT a Kraft item (even though it says on the back that it is). At first he was reading the coupon wrong thinking it said to buy 3 of this one item get the 4th free. Then I read it to him slowly and kindly that it was ANY kraft, nabisco, or oscar mayer. I told him the Kool-Aid was my Kraft item and he didn't believe me that it was a Kraft item. He said in a very distinct "your stupid" tone, "NO, I don't think it is. It's not Nabisco and it's obviously not Oscar Mayer. That's for sure. I'm pretty sure it's not Kraft because it's not ringing up." I told him if he were to look it up on the internet it would show Kool-Aid as a Kraft item. I even thought about whipping out my cell phone's internet to show him. Finally on the back I discovered that it DOES say Kraft and I showed him. So then he took his sweet time ringing everything up. I silently ended up giving the woman behind me a Redbox rental code for being so patient (since it was Monday and there was a free code available till midnight). lol Normally cashiers that frustrate me so much, I will just forget the transaction and take my business elsewhere or at least to another cashier. But I was tired, it was late, and these coupons were getting me over $40 worth of groceries for under $20! I think once the lady behind me saw that, she understood too. lol God bless those people behind us coupon ladies. ;)

No comments: